Texas Hospital Associtation — The Texas Hospital Association has elected its 2014 Board of Trustees. New members and officers officially began their terms on Jan. 1. Gary Brock, chief operating officer of Baylor Health Care System in Dallas, becomes chairman. C. David Huffstutler, FACHE, president and chief executive officer of St. David’s HealthCare in Austin, is chairman-elect. George B. Hernandez Jr., J.D., president and chief executive officer of University Health System in San Antonio, becomes immediate past chairman.
New trustees elected to serve three-year terms include:
• Erin Asprec, chief executive officer of Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital in Houston;
• Odetta Bolano, FACHE, president and chief executive officer of St. Joseph Health System in Bryan;
• Phyllis A. Cowling, FHFMA, president and chief executive officer of United Regional Health System in Wichita Falls;
• Robert Earley, president and chief executive officer of JPS Health Network in Fort Worth;
• David Lopez, FACHE, president and chief executive officer of Harris Health System in Houston;
• Richard Parks, FACHE, president and chief executive officer of Covenant Health System in Lubbock;
• Jaime A. Wesolowski, president and chief executive officer of Methodist Healthcare System of San Antonio; and
• T. Marc Barrett, M.D., senior vice president of medical affairs and chief medical officer for Providence Health Network in Waco.
Trustees continuing as members of the board include:
• Tim Adams, FACHE, senior vice president of operations, Central Region; Tenet Healthcare Corp., Dallas;
• Donna Boatright, RN, administrator of Rolling Plains Memorial Hospital, Sweetwater;
• Marc Boom, M.D., FACP, FACHE, president/ chief executive officer, The Methodist Hospital, Houston;
• Jeffrey Canose, M.D., FACHE, executive vice president and Southwest Zone operations leader; Texas Health Resources, Arlington;
• Caryn Iverson, RN, chief nursing officer; Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso;
• Douglas Matney, group president for South Texas Health System, based in Edinburg;
• Graham Reeve, president and chief executive officer of Baptist Health System, San Antonio;
• Ernie Sadau, FACHE, president/chief executive officer of CHRISTUS Health, based in Irving;
• Stephen Sibbitt, M.D., FACP, chief medical officer, Scott & White Memorial Hospital, Temple;
• Jeff R. Turner, FACHE, chief executive officer and administrator, Moore County Hospital District, Dumas;
• Margaret Van Bree, Dr.P.H., chief executive officer, St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital, Houston;
• Xavier Villarreal, FACHE, chief executive officer, Navarro Regional Hospital, Corsicana;
• Robert Walker, FACHE, executive vice president and administrator, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas;
• Carlyle Walton, president/ CEO, Metroplex Adventist Hospital, Killeen;
• Steve Woerner, president and chief executive officer, Driscoll Children’s Hospital, Corpus Christi; and
• Ted Shaw, president and chief executive officer, THA, Austin (THA president/CEO serves as secretary-treasurer).
The chairman and vice chairman of THA’s Council on Policy Development, elected by its members, and the Texas Healthcare Trustees chairman, Randy Clapp, J.D., of El Campo Memorial Hospital, will serve as ex-officio members. In addition to the officers, Marc L. Boom, M.D.; Jeffery Canose, M.D.; Caryn Iverson, RN; David Lopez; Doug Matney; Ernie Sadau; Jeff Turner; and Robert Walker were elected to serve one-year terms as at-large members of the THA Executive Committee.
“THA is fortunate to have such experienced, dedicated leaders to guide the association’s activities in the upcoming years. I look forward to working with this diverse group of individuals to achieve THA’s mission of service and leadership for Texas hospitals,” said Ted Shaw, THA president/CEO.