POSTED: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 12:39pm
UPDATED: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 6:01pm
Tyler, Texas (KETK) — A north Tyler home is destroyed after a Tuesday afternoon fire.
According to the Tyler Fire Department, the house caught fire near the intersection of North Ross Avenue and Cochran Street.
The initial call was received at approximately 11:30 a.m., with callers reporting smoke and flames visible from the house. The first arriving units reported heavy fire involvement in the home and called for a second alarm. Five engines and one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and an investigator were on scene.
The Tyler Fire Marshal’s Office tells KETK the fire was a result of a cooking accident and the homeowner fell asleep while heating up a meal.
No injuries were reported.