POSTED: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 6:19pm
UPDATED: Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 12:50pm
Tyler, Texas (KETK) — Not only can you not keep your doctor, you're going to be paying more for the unaffordable health care plan.
Townhall Reports a new report that shows at least 11 million small business workers and their employers will see their health insurance costs skyrocket thanks to Obamacare.
More from Washington Post:
Nearly two-thirds of small businesses that currently offer health insurance to their workers will pay more for coverage as a result of new rules in the health care law, as will millions of small-business employees and their family members. This is according to new estimates released by the Obama Administration.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which has spearheaded the implementation of the law, has acknowledged that new rules requiring insurers to offer guaranteed coverage and renewal options to small employers will likely drive up the price of insurance for some companies.
So will rules banning insurance companies from varying their rates based on factors like a company's industry or the age of its employees.
The CMS actuaries are estimating 65 percent of the small firms are expected to experience increases in their premium rates while the remaining 35 percent are anticipated to have rate reductions.
Right now they are saying the effect on large employers is expected to be negligible, because most large companies run their health insurance programs in house.
That's what they are saying right now.
That's my point of view, what's yours?
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org  or Facebook me at KETK Neal Barton.