Master Naturalists, birders, communities, Great Texas Wildlife Trail site managers, park naturalists, nature centers, bird clubs, families, friends, school groups, and more are all invited to take part in this fun event!
Participate from anywhere in Texas, April 15 - May 15. Watch the video above to see what it's all about. Find all tournament details, tips from previous teams, rules, registration form, participation categories, and additional information below!
- Pick a tournament category. 
- Find team members. Ask friends, family, co-workers, bird club members, or other people in your community to join you in the field.
- Find a sponsor(s) or collect registration fees from your teammates.
- Read tournament rules .
- Fill out a team Registration  Form and pay registration fees online.
- Register on the Texas eBird portal  Teams need an eBird account under their team name to submit a final tournament checklist. You should practice eBird entries before the tournament either with lists from some of your scouting or practice days or another quick bird trip list. This will help you get used to the way eBird works. For more information, visit Bird Checklist Submission .
- Select tournament day(s), and go out and bird! Send your selected tournament date(s) to email@example.com  within 24 hours of your competition day(s) for official Birding Classic records.
- Submit official tournament checklist through eBird. Follow submission directions provided at Bird Checklist Submission. Once you've entered your checklist into eBird, you will need to share that list in eBird with the Birding Classic account, GTBCStaff.
- Share! Do you Tweet? Use #GTBC14 on Twitter so other birders can follow the action. Like the Birding Classic Facebook page and post photos directly.
- See how you did! Winners Report will be posted online once checklists from all teams are received and scored from eBird. GTBC staff will work with winning teams from several tournaments to select conservation project grant recipients. Conservation grant amounts and number of grants awarded is dependent on money raised through team registration fees and sponsorship dollars.
- Start planning for 2015! 19th Annual Great Texas Birding Classic dates are April 15 - May 15, 2015.