POSTED: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 11:42am
UPDATED: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 11:45am
Van, Texas (KETK) — Two East Texas businesses are hosting a two-week long wild hog hunt. Prizes will be handed out to the top three entries based on tusk size.
The 2014 Texas Big Tusk Hunt, put on by 2nd Amendment Guns & Ammo and All American Taxidermy, will end on April 12, the day of the shop's grand opening. Those interested can register at the store, located at 2858 I-20 W in Van (next to Dairy Queen).
Food, fun and prizes will be handed out.
- 1st Place - Rossi 30/30
- 2nd Place - Wild Boar Shoulder Mount
- 3rd Place - Wild Boar European Mount
The following rules apply:
- All Hogs must be legally harvested per State and Federal Laws.
- All kills must be recorded within 48 hours of kill.
- Hog Tie breaker will be the earliest hog checked in.
- This contest is open to all legal hunters for the purpose of harvesting feral hogs.
- Competitors may hunt in any county in Texas
- For the purposes of this hunt, hogs are defined as being feral, free ranging wild hogs which are not pen raised.
- ALL hogs are to be brought in dead and are the responsibility of the hunter to dispose of.
- Any contestant found to be cheating, attempting to cheat, or in violation of any Texas Game Law will be disqualified.
- The contest starts at 12 A.M. on March 10,2014 and will end at 12 P.M. April 12,2014
- Entry fee $75.00 per hog checked in
- Officials and Sponsors are not responsible for any accidents that may occur while hunting.
More questions can be answered at 903-963-1500.
An official rules and prizes sheet is attached below.