POSTED: Monday, May 12, 2014 - 10:12am
UPDATED: Monday, May 12, 2014 - 12:38pm
Longview, Texas (KETK) — Two East Texans are displaced after an early morning fire caused heavy damage to their home.
According to Chief Johnny Zackary with the Longview Fire Department, around 4:11 a.m., Monday morning, fire crews responded to a house fire at 405 East Birdsong in Longview. Upon arrival, fire was coming from the side window and the attic.
The owners of the residence were out of town at the time of the fire which started in the kitchen.
The cause of the fire has been narrowed down to the area of a heavily loaded power strip which was supplying several devices and small appliances.
The fire caused heavy damage to the kitchen area and smoke damage throughout the house. The home was insured; unfortunately the two residents are displaced as the result of the fire.