POSTED: Friday, May 16, 2014 - 3:44pm
UPDATED: Friday, May 16, 2014 - 7:38pm
Tyler, Texas (KETK) — Crews with the Tyler Fire Department responded to an apartment complex fire in South Tyler Friday afternoon.
Officials were dispatched to The Arbors located at 323 Chimney Rock Drive, near Sonoma Grill, and arrived to smoke coming from the complex. The initial call was received around 2:50 p.m., and the caller reported seeing fire in the wall.
The fire was under control at 3:51 p.m. Seven engines, one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and an Investigator, responded to the scene.
Maintenance personnel for the complex were performing plumbing work when the fire in a wall was discovered. Apartment personnel attempted to put the fire out until Tyler Fire Department firefighters arrived.
Three out of four apartments in the building were occupied, but no one was home at the time of the blaze. All three families will be displaced until repairs are made.
The four apartments in the building were damaged with smoke, heat and fire. This fire was accidental.