POSTED: Monday, May 17, 2010 - 11:36am
UPDATED: Monday, May 17, 2010 - 12:15pm
TYLER - A fire at Bullard Crossing Apartments injured 1 woman and damaged an apartment around 10:45 Monday morning.
The authorities were first alerted by a neighbor calling 911.
Fire officials tell KETK the fire was started by a cooking accident. The woman was frying chips when the grease caught fire. She then tried to move the pan to a sink, but it was so hot she threw the grease onto herself.
The woman injured has 2nd and 3rd degree burns on the right side of her body and received treatment from medical personnel. She was then taken to a local hospital where she is expected to recover.
Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly.