POSTED: Friday, August 13, 2010 - 3:18pm
UPDATED: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 11:45am
WHITEHOUSE - Officials have identified the deceased person as 33-year-old Casey Steenland.
Medical crews treated 23-year-old Daniel Gaona and 43-year-old Ronald Masten.
All three were found in the common area of the EMS building. Authorities say there was not a carbon monoxide detector in the building.
LONGVIEW, Texas (AP) - One emergency medical technician died and three co-workers are hospitalized after being overcome by carbon monoxide while on duty in east Texas.
A spokeswoman at Good Shepherd Medical Center in Longview, which operates Champion EMS in White Oak, says the victims were discovered around 7 a.m. Friday by other workers during shift change.
Victoria Ashworth told The Associated Press that the carbon monoxide apparently was from a generator left running on an ambulance.
Ashworth says a 33-year-old female EMT, who was in training, was pronounced dead after being transported to the hospital. Ashworth says a paramedic and two emergency medical technicians, all male, are in good condition. Their names were not immediately released.