Longview, TX --- Throughout the year, the staff and volunteers of the City of Longview’s Partners in Prevention are working together to help make Longview a safe, healthy, drug-free community. Those efforts are especially evident this September when the Partners in Prevention has multiple events planned including a Multicultural Festival, Getting Ahead classes for the Circles of East Texas program, enrollment kickoff for the Youth Action Committee, preparation for the Texans Against Crime event, and the annual kickoff for the successful mentoring programs.
According to Partners in Prevention Manager Holly Fuller, “September is going to be a busy month for us, but we are excited about these upcoming events. Each program and event is a little different, but the goal is still the same: working together to make Longview a safe, healthy place for our kids and families.”
• Getting Ahead classes: September 7 – mid January, 2011
• Mentoring Kickoff: September 8 for Co-Pilots; September 9 for Forever Friends Too
• Texans Against Crime Kickoff: September 14
• Multicultural Festival: September 25
• Youth Action Committee Kickoff: September 30
Residents and volunteers are encouraged to get involved.
For more information about Partners in Prevention, call 903-237-1019 or visit PIP.LongviewTexas.gov.