LONGVIEW, TX --- At or around 2017 hours the Longview Fire Department responded to an apartment fire located at 2900 McCann Rd. apt. 135.
The fire was caused by a skillet left on the cook top which resulted in fire spreading to the cabinets and ceiling of the involved apartment. The apartment of origin had smoke damage throughout; the smoke entered 3 other adjoining apartments. The fire caused approximately $5,000.00 in damages. There were no injuries.
This fire was preventable by not leaving the kitchen area while cooking.