POSTED: Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 4:48pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 12:04pm
TYLER - A dangerous fire broke out Sunday morning at an old gas station - turned thrift store located on the intersection of Valentine and Beckham.
The whole street was blocked off for much of the morning.
Firefighters tell us they received a call shortly after 7:00 am from a passerby who says she saw smoke coming from the building on Beckham Street in Tyler.
By the time firefighters got there just a few moments later, the entire building was engulfed in flames.
It took almost a dozen trucks to put out the fire.
Officials tell us because of the building's old age, none of the firefighters were allowed to go inside because of the risk of collapse.
Officials tell us this building was once a gas station in the late 70's, but it later closed.
For the last decade this building has operated as a thrift shop.
No one was injured in the fire, but investigators say the fire is suspicious.