POSTED: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 11:28am
UPDATED: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 5:06pm
April Is National Autism Awareness month.
For every bowl of pasta sold at Carino's Italian, a dollar will go to Autism Speaks and Autism Society.
Chef Will Shelton stops by East Texas Live to tell us about the fundraiser and share a recipe.
Recipes for the Home Cook
By Chef Chris Peitersen
Spicy Shrimp and Chicken - Serves 4
Succulent shrimp and grilled chicken sautéed with mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and green onions in a spicy pecorino romano cheese cream sauce with penne pasta - A Carino's Italian classic
Butter, Melted 2 Tbsp
Shrimp, Tail-Off Peeled and Cleaned 20 medium shrimp
Chicken Breast, 8 Ounce 2 each
Mushrooms, Sliced 3 cups
Sun-dried Tomatoes, Hydrated 1 cup
Salt and Pepper to taste
Green Onions, Sliced 1 cup
Heavy Cream 2 cups
Pecorino Romano Cheese, Grated 1/3 cup
Cayenne Pepper to taste
Penne Pasta, Dry 20 ounces weight
1. Grilled chicken breasts until done. Cool and slice into ¼ inch thick strips.
2. Add butter to a large sauté pan at medium heat. Once butter is heated, add shrimp, sliced chicken, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, green onions and salt and pepper. Sauté until shrimp and mushrooms are cooked.
3. Add heavy cream, pecorino romano cheese and cayenne pepper. Let cream reduce by 50% while thoroughly combining all ingredients.
4. Cook penne pasta according to package directions. Drain excess water and then toss pasta with contents of sauté pan.
5. Place Spicy Shrimp and Chicken into designated serving plateware, garnish and enjoy!