POSTED: Thursday, October 20, 2011 - 10:29am
UPDATED: Monday, October 24, 2011 - 12:58pm
tyler — The Tyler Fire Department responded to two separate fires during the overnight hours. The first incident was reported at 9:40 p.m. on 10-19-2011 at 1514 N. Dargan. Upon arrival, firefighters reported that the fire was nearly out due to the residents’ quick action to evacuate the family and fight the fire. The kitchen was heavily damaged, but there were no injuries. Three engines, one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and an Investigator, responded to the incident.
The fire originated in the kitchen due to cooking on the stove left unattended.
At approximately 1:30 a.m. on 10-20-2011 at 313 N. Fuller Avenue a structure fire was reported. Upon arrival, firefighters reported that the structure was fully involved in fire. The occupants told fire personnel that everyone was safely out of the house. Five engines, one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and Investigator, responded to the two-alarm incident.
While the fire is currently still under investigation, the fire was reported by occupants to have started in the living room. One occupant suffered minor burns and some smoke inhalation and was taken to ETMC for treatment. The structure appears to have been totally destroyed.
From Tyler Fire Department