longview — Longview fire officials tell KETK the fire is now under control, but not before major done was done to the residence.
Investigators say the fire began in the kitchen when a resident left a burner on to heat the duplex. The burner was left unattended for 15 minutes while the person visited with neighbors. When they returned, the kitchen was ablaze.
Firefighters first received a report around 11:19 p.m. and had the fire out by 11:40 p.m.
Five residents are now displaced. No one was injured.
Firefighters are responding to a structure fire in Longview.
Officials tell KETK the fire is burning in the 1400 block of East Timpson Street.
KETK will bring you more information as it becomes available.