Longview, TX — An early morning house fire on Monday destroyed a Longview woman’s home and caused the death of several pets, Assistant Longview Fire Chief Curtis Shaw said.
The fire started about 6 a.m. at a home in the 300 block of Berkley Street. Five engines responded and the fire was extinguished after about 20 minutes, Shaw said.
“Everybody was out when we arrived,” he said. “There were no injuries to residents of the structure or firefighters. Unfortunately, they hadn’t been able to rescue all their pets, most of which perished in the fire.”
The structure had significant damage and has been declared uninhabitable by the fire department, he said.
“The fire seems to have been started by a space heater.
Read the full story here .