The Kilgore College Small Business Development Center will host the first of a new series of “coffee connections” workshops for small business owners, managers and entrepreneurs called “Payroll Law 2012.”
The seminar is set for 9 to 10:30 a.m., Thursday, March 1, in the KCSBDC Boardroom, located at 911 NW Loop 281, Suite 209 (Austin Bank Building).
Fee to attend is $49 and includes all materials.
This workshop will teach the basics in calculating payroll taxes and withholding taxes.
Workshop instructor will be Virgel Conner, KCSBDC counselor.
Seating is limited and early registration is recommended.
To register and to receive more information on this and all SBDC training programs, call the SBDC at (903) 757-5857 or (800) 338-7232
Or visit the website: www.KilgoreSBDC.com , or follow on Facebook and Twitter #KCSBDC.
Other topics to be discussed include:
• Determining contract labor versus employee-based on Internal Revenue Service and Texas Workforce Commission guidelines
• When and how to complete Form C-1 to establish an employer account with TWC
• Rates and maximum taxable amounts for each employee
• How to calculate federal withholding
• Social Security and Medicare as it relates to employees, reporting requirements and deposits
• Determining employment eligibility and self-employment taxes
• Forms used in reporting payroll (forms will be provided including the 940, 941, 1099, W-2, W-4, W-9)
• Websites, online reports and using the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System will be discussed and how it relates to your business
From: Kilgore College