Saturday, February 3rd was an exciting day for the Pine Tree High School Band. Members of the Pride met at Sabine High School for the annual UIL Solo and Ensemble Contest. Students that qualified will have the opportunity to compete at the Texas State Solo & Ensemble Contest at the University of Texas in Austin on Saturday, May 28. Solo and Ensemble events in band, choir and orchestra are scheduled in all 28 UIL Music Regions. Students earning a Division One Rating at the region competition are eligible to advance to the UIL State Solo and Ensemble Contest traditionally hosted in Austin on Memorial Day Week-end.
BY THE NUMBERS:
• 124 students received UIL Solo and Ensemble medals,
• 88 student ensemble members received medals,
• 48 ensemble members in 9 different ensembles qualified for state by earning a first division in a class one ensemble, and
• 22 soloists qualified for UIL State Solo and Ensemble Contest.
• 36 total solo medals (16 instrumental soloist and 5 twirlers) qualified for state UIL by performing a class one solo by memory
Soloists must play a Class 1 solo by memory and receive a Division 1 to qualify; ensemble members must play a Class 1 ensemble and receive a Division 1 to qualify.
For a list of students who participated go here.