POSTED: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 12:00pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - 10:44am
Lufkin, Texas —
A Lufkin man was arrested on an arson charge after smoking a cigarette while cooking methamphetamine led to a fire that burned down a mobile home.
According to a Lufkin Fire Department affidavit, on April 9, Jason Nash, 36, was admittedly cooking the illegal drug on top of a washing machine at 303 Hubbard St. In an interview, Nash told Lufkin Fire Marshal Capt. Steve McCool he dropped a lit cigarette from his mouth when flammable liquid spilled onto the floor, startling him. A fire then broke out in the mobile home and quickly spread, forcing Nash to escape out of a bedroom window.
Read more here .