Red Springs — Officials tell KETK the fire was caused by an unattended burner.
A man was cooking and left the burner on underneath a pan of grease, sparking the fire.
A total of three fire departments were called to put out the blaze, but not before major smoke and water damaged was done to the inside of the home.
No injuries were reported.
Original Report: Smith County fire crews are on the scene of a large structure fire on CR 38, just off FM 14.
At this time, Red Springs and Dixie crews are on the scene.
KETK has a crew headed to the scene and will bring you more details as they become available.