POSTED: Tuesday, October 9, 2012 - 10:55am
UPDATED: Tuesday, October 9, 2012 - 11:00am
longview, tx — Two firefighters were injured during a duplex fire early Tuesday morning.
The fire began around 4:45 a.m. at a duplex on the 300 block of Blake Drive. The blaze is believed to have rekindled from an earlier fire involving a Futon on the back porch that happened at 3 a.m., according to the Longview Fire Department.
Ten people were home when the fire sparked -- a family of five on one side and a family of two with three visitors on the other. None of the residents were hurt.
Two firefighters were injured when one of the men's mask came off, exposing him to the flames and smoke. The second firefighter burned his back helping the first man escape.
The firemen were treated and released from a local hospital.
The Longview Red Cross chapter is reportedly helping the displaced families.