POSTED: Friday, October 19, 2012 - 6:51pm
UPDATED: Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 4:38pm
TYLER, TX — The murders in Benghazi story keeps growing legs.
Reported today, the CIA station chief in Libya reported to Washington within 24 hours of last month's deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate.
There was evidence it was carried out by militants, not a spontaneous mob upset about an American-made video ridiculing Islam's Prophet Muhammad.
This is confirmed by U.S. officials.
It is unclear who, if anyone, saw the cable outside the CIA at that point and how high up in the agency the information went.
The Obama administration said for a week the attack on the diplomatic mission in Benghazi that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans was a result of the mobs.
At the debate Tuesday, President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney argued over when Obama first said it was a terror attack. In his Rose Garden address the morning after the killings, Obama said, "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for."
But he was speaking generally and didn't specifically call the Benghazi attack a terror attack until weeks later.
In fact, the ambassador to the U.N. went on every talk show after the attack saying the culprit was a YouTube video.
Two weeks later, the president was telling the ladies on "The View", it was all about a bad movie insulting Mohammed.
Congressional aides say they expect to get the documents by the end of this week to build a timeline of what the intelligence community knew and compare that to what the White House was telling the public about the attack. That could give Romney ammunition to use in his foreign policy debate with Obama on Monday night.
That's my point of view, what's yours?