POSTED: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 11:44am
UPDATED: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 3:46pm
Tyler, TX — A Tyler apartment complex that has been riddled with violence in Tyler says they will be working harder to ensure the safety of it's residence, many whom are students at nearby universities.
The apartment's parent company, Peak Campus Management, released the following statement to its residents and KETK:
Thank you for your continued residency at Varsity Place. We are constantly working to improve your resident experience and need your help. The city of Tyler, Varsity Place, and other student housing communities nearby have had criminal activity recently. Varsity Place has a zero tolerance policy on crime and is actively joining forces with community partners to make a difference. We ask that you join our effort. If you witness any questionable activity, call the police: 9-1-1 if it is an emergency or at 903-531-1000 for non-emergency issues. After you have called the police, then let us know. We cannot take care of specific problems if we do not know about them.
Also, we would like to bring to your attention the efforts that we are taking and remind you of some Varsity Place rules and regulations.
- Varsity Place has partnered with the Tyler Police Department and the UT Tyler Police to enforce a zero tolerance policy on crime or destructive behavior.
- Tyler Police Department has set-up a 24-7 mobile station on-site.
- Varsity Place has outsourced courtesy patrol in addition our four courtesy patrol officer employed.
- We have partnered with other student housing communities to cross reference files and prohibit problem residents from leasing.
- There is a 10pm curfew. No loitering is allowed after 10pm
- You are responsible for your guests and their actions. You will be held responsible for any criminal activity committed by your guests.
Any violations of the above policies will be grounds for eviction or termination of your lease. You will still be responsible for the amount of your contract.
Varsity Place Management