POSTED: Friday, November 2, 2012 - 2:09pm
UPDATED: Friday, November 2, 2012 - 4:11pm
CHAPEL HILL — A Chapel Hill family is left homeless following a fire at their mobile home.
It happened just after one o'clock Friday afternoon at a home on the15-thousand block of Shady Creek Road.
Officials with the Smith County Fire Marshal's office tell KETK, a person living next door called 9-1-1.
We're told, the fire started in the water heater.
The home is destroyed.
Fortunately, no one was home at the time of the fire.
The Red Cross is helping the family.
Fire crews are working to put out a house fire in Chapel Hill.
It happened around 1:30 at a home on the 15-thousand block of Shady Creek Road.
Several fire departments are working the fire.
We have a crew headed to the scene.
We'll bring you more information as it becomes available.