POSTED: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 - 4:10pm
UPDATED: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 - 4:12pm
The Park Of East Texas — TYLER-The Park of East Texas, Inc. is getting ready to launch the most whimsical Christmas celebration ever, in east Texas!
'Twas the Lights Before Christmas will transform the fairgrounds into a nighttime holiday wonderland of wintery surprises and all things Christmas, filling guests' senses with seasonal sights, sounds and flavors, and creating a beautiful new tradition for east Texas families.
Visitors to 'Twas the Lights Before Christmas will experience all-new evening attractions, light displays, activities and shopping from 5:30 to 10 p.m. Friday through Sunday, December 7-9 and Thursday through Sunday, December 13-16.
The East Texas State Fair's most familiar fans will barely recognize the portions of the fairgrounds that convert to 'Twas the Lights Before Christmas through special entertainment, live music, festive treats, holiday shopping and thousands and thousands of twinkling Christmas lights:
· Santa's Workshop brings together the rich, warm colors of Christmas and shops full of holiday gifts don't miss a visit with the jolly old elf, himself!
· Heartfelt voices lift in song to welcome guests as they enter Snowflake Showcase for nightly entertainment from area schools, choirs and dance troupes plus tour the Festival of Trees.
· Guests can indulge in a delicious meal as they enjoy Mrs. Claus' Kitchen by Newk's Cafe
· Drop your wish list in the mail at the Poinsettia Post Office.
· Explore the Twelve Days of Christmas like never before with life-size installations.
· On your way to play in the snow, stop by Jingle Bell Jungle to make your own holiday music and experience the Polar Bear Cave and Penguin Slide designed especially for young guests, located in Peppermint Playhouse.
· Experience the humble magnificence of that first Christmas night and remember the real "reason for the season" with a live representation of the Holy Nativity.
· Zoo Lights offers guests an up close look at the animals…in lights, of course.
General admission for 'Twas the Lights Before Christmas is $5.00 for all ages.
'Twas the Lights Before Christmas is sponsored by Sherwin Williams Paints and KETK NBC.
For details, call The Park of East Texas at 903-597-2501 or click here.