POSTED: Monday, February 25, 2013 - 1:06pm
UPDATED: Monday, February 25, 2013 - 1:15pm
Longview, TX (KETK) — Two families were displaced following two unrelated laundry fires in Longview Sunday night.
The first fire happened at 5:27 p.m. at a house on Harroun Circle. When crews arrived at the scene, a fire was buring in the storage area of a laundry room.
About $10,000 in damage was done to home, according to the Longview Fire Department.
No one was injured, but the family is now without a home. At least four people were displaced.
A few hours later, a second house fire occurred around 7:45 p.m. on the 400 block of Delano Street. Authorities believe the fire sparked in the laundry room near electrical items.
Officials tell KETK the fire did about $200,000 in damage. The blaze displaced seven people.
All occupants of the home were able to escape without injury. However, one firefighter suffered minor burns to his neck during the fire.
The Red Cross will assist the families.