Smith County (KETK) — A Smith County home just west of Tyler burned to the ground Thursday morning. The house on O'Neall Street caught fire around 10:00 a.m., according to Smith County Fire Marshal Jim Seaton.
After putting out the blaze, fire officials learned the homeowner had extinguished a fire earlier near an electric stove. The second fire was spotted when a neighbor alerted the resident that his garage was ablaze.
Officials believe the flames sparked near a breaker box and spread to the home.
A couple and their grandchild were able to escape without injury. Firefighters saved one pet from the home.
Authorities wil continue to investigate the incident.